Vice President + Director
When did you join Wear it Purple?
Position with Wear it Purple?
Why did you join Wear it Purple?
Numerous reasons that built up over a long time that triggered me to get active. Firstly the Matthew Shephard story could have happened to so many and happened from within his peer group. Peer group is a big area of focus for Wear It Purple.
Many firms also regardless of their alleged commitment to diversity & inclusion woefully support their LGBTI staff ignoring low level discrimination and bullying and this needs to be changed.
Wear It Purple will give a trickle up effect as the new accepting, open and tolerant youth of today proceed through the work place of tomorrow. LGBTI youth should be as entitled as anyone to confidence – one of the key building blocks of life.
Do you identify in the community or support as an ally?
I’m what I describe as an emancipated gay man.
3 fun facts about you.
· I’ve been to over 100 countries and every continent on earth except Antarctica (on the list now).
· I used to swim butterfly for my county.
· After a bit of food boredom and lack luster wanderings around the supermarket I’ve started a self-challenge of having to cook two brand new recipes a week from my cook book collection.
· I like to cook and enjoy having friends over for dinner or lunch on the weekends.
· I go to the GYM and like to keep active.
· And I love sci-fi, crime drama or a rom com movie in which I tend to only go to Gold Class as want to stretch out.
What do you do for work?
I’m the ANZ Territory Manager for a French/Canadian Fin Tech